What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ghost on a sweater?

Now you too, as a hip person shopping at the Gap in the twenty-first century, can own this reproduction of the Police's 1981 release, "Ghost In the Machine," pictured here on a girl most likely not even born in 1981.

Our friends Stewart, Sting, and Andy are immortalized by this depiction of their 80's hairstyles on a sweater offered by the Gap; I believe that's Stewart on the right. Andy's on the left, and big-head Sting is in the middle.

Yeah, I don't get it, either. Can you tell?

I mean, I kinda get why you might want concert tees from the bygone era of rock and roll. Led Zeppelin, a "Dark Side Of the Moon" t-shirt... Classic rock is still around and it's fine with me.

But this? I've seen this sweater in person, and for $58 (which is what the Gap was selling it for originally. Now you can get it for the low, low, price of $29.99. Only XS, S, and M were available online at the time of posting) I'd expect higher quality. The Gap claims it's 15% cashmere, but I don't know. Maybe it's angora goat hair. Itchy, oddly shaped (yeah, I tried it on. What's your point?), it didn't really make me feel like I was cool. It made me feel like a chump. And I don't know, why bother with this? I was expecting much, much, more. Like, strands of hair from Stewart, Sting, and Andy woven into the yarns or something. A secret message in the care instructions...

Stewart's phone number hidden in the item number, maybe.

No comments: