What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

"I Can See Now?"



I Can See Now?
Irene Casarez
Stewart Copeland

Track Listing:
01 Wow (The Day I Made You Say)
02 Second Tuesday
03 I Thought I Didn't Like You Anymore
04 Blue Line
05 This Is A Euphemism
06 Franny's Dream (feat. Patrick P.)
07 (I'm Not Your) Queen of Salvation
08 Butterflies
09 Peering In Bookstore Windows
10 Folded Pieces Of Paper (Should Be Thrown Away By Now)
11 Those Black Jeans of Yours
12 Wow (The Day I Made You Say) - Reprise
13 Hidden Track

All songs copyright Irene Casarez and Stewart Copeland, except for 07, copyright Jay Schwartz and Irene Casarez; 06, copyright Irene Casarez, Patrick P., and Stewart Copeland; and 04, copyright Irene Casarez

Produced by David O. Jones/Mar Vista Records
Recorded at Cherokee Studios in Hollywood, California

Fan Club Information:
Irene Casarez Fan Club
11111 Avenue of the Stars
Century City, CA

Thank you from the artist(s):
Special thanks to Patrick, for being so amazing and patient and understanding, and for the drum lessons and songwriting tips - ! Nobody's better than you, honey, except possibly Stewart Copeland (just kidding!). To Patty Sikorski who taught me everything I know about performing: thank you! Stewart, I can't possibly thank you in words for your contributions, those both seen and not-seen, to this effort. Dude! Wow! You brought out something in me I didn't even know I had. I'll never forget that "one night" in the studio... To City Garage Theatre: thanks for starring in all my videos!
-Irene

Thank you, Irene, for bringing your unique voice to my work, and for allowing me to be a part of this project. You've made me feel young again. Fiona, thanks for everything, and - goodbye.
-Stewart

Review #1
...This attempt to conquer the music world with "talents" such as those previously on display truly boggles the mind. However, thanks to the skill of Stewart Copeland (her collaborator and rumored love interest since 2007), Ms. Casarez is saved from her own ridiculousness, and surprisingly a glimmer of talent is revealed. Copeland kicks ass as usual, and looks amazing doing it.
-Rolling Stone

Review #2
An artist of this caliber comes around once every lifetime, and I'm so glad that this one came during mine.
-Patrick P., MagnoliaThunderpussy.com

Review #3
The last time I saw Ms. Casarez on stage was in 2006 during her appearance in "The Bacchae" at City Garage Theatre in Santa Monica, where her portrayal of "Flutist" made not much of an impression on me (in fact, I don't think I'm even the one who reviewed that show); this time around, I'm pleased to say that her collaboration with Stewart Copeland is just as memorable as her more recent work in the booth at City Garage, which I have had the good fortune of experiencing on several occasions: solid, dependable, and quietly creative within the parameters of the job.
-Steven Leigh Morris, LA Weekly

Review #17
"I Can See Now?" rivals anything recorded by Curved Air or Klark Kent, and is poised is make a significant contribution to the world of music.
Studebaker Hawk, Deaf, Dumb, and Blind Records

The following review refers to the Spring 2008 release of the videos, "I Can See and Hear Now?"
The quality of this project and the ease with which Ms. Casarez and Mr. Copeland communicate creatively makes me think that together they are unstoppable. These two may have met just recently, and rather late, but I foresee many more strongly compelling works from them in the future. I am proud that I chose to come out of retirement in order to appear in these mini-movies, and can only dream of the opportunities for me in the future if I am lucky enough to collaborate again. Also starring David Frank, Bo Roberts, Cynthia Mance, and featuring Frederique Michel. Production design by the incomparable Charles Duncombe.

The fact that Mr. Copeland chose the liner notes of the CD to dismiss his longtime partner, the wife and mother of three of his children, Fiona Copeland, speaks volumes about his dedication to his new situation, and is yet another example of the frankness and reality of the perfection of this duo. Don't mess with these two - they're the real thing.
-Paul Rubenstein, CityGarage.org

No comments: