What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Dear Stewart,

Hello, old friend, how are you?

I'm finding it pretty ironic that ever since I wrote this and accused Sting of not having a creative thought in his head anymore, I haven't had much to say, either. And I never ever wrote anything as good as "Roxanne" or "Bring on the Night" (or, to be fair, as heinous as "Englishman in New York"). Is "irony" the word I'm searching for here? No, seriously, is it?

See, I can't even do that anymore, whatever it was.

Anyway, I do, actually, have something big time cool to tell you, but I'm holding off. I'm holding off! Why the wait, you ask? (Well, I don't know, maybe you didn't/wouldn't ask such a question; you seem less like a question ask-er and more like a "I'm walking away until you make sense, woman" kind of guy.) Well, because that's just the way it's gotta be.

Maybe because yesterday I spilled the beans to someone else who is your exact age (4 days older, actually) and their response was less than favorable. I'm a little gun-shy, now, see?

Anyway, hold tight, okay? In the meantime, I plan on coming back at you soon with something both irreverent and worshipful, a combination at which I tend to excel.

Love you,
Irene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you build a suspension bridge in his honor? Wait, maybe a zany performace art sketch where you wear shorts that are too tight while banging the heads of local morons together in a sort of percussion/concussion type mix?
Oh, I can't wait!

Irene Palma said...

It's true that we have a trip planned up north, but not quite as far north as Oakland, where they are, actually, right now working on a suspension bridge... but no, that's not it.

Concussion Percussion! Woo-hoo!