What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dear Stewart,

I received some information last week, or maybe it was the week before, that you would be making an appearance at the Grammy Museum, here in Los Angeles, later this month. The week of Thanksgiving, right? I think what the notification was, it was for American Express cardholders (where I got this information, I can't recall. Twitter, maybe), but at the time, there was zero info on the Grammy museum website, and the initial response I received from my inquiry was an out of office auto response, which, to tell you the truth, didn't instill a lot of confidence. What, they have one person answering email at the Grammy Museum? Times really are tough. However, a couple of days ago someone from there contacted me to let me know that the event was on, that info was on their site, and that I, or any other non-American Express cardmember (I had an American Express card back in the 90s but I got rid of it) could buy tickets beginning November 19th.

So, if tickets are still available on the 19th, I'm going to try to get some for us. Which means we'll hopefully be seeing you on the 22nd. This blog needs some updated photos, and I'm still angling for an invitation to Thanksgiving dinner with the Copelands. <-- That's a joke. You know that by now, right?

I just want to warn you: I'm looking pretty pregnant these days, and I'm a bit self-conscious about it. Be nice, okay?

Love you,
Irene

No comments: