What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Dear Stewart,

The other night I had a dream that I was about to walk into the Beethoven Market when a group of guys on bikes pulled up to the corner, waiting for the light. They were on Palms, heading toward Centinela. It was nighttime, and I thought one of them... was you. He had your fluffy hair and your profile, and in the dim light, looked just like you. I walked over to say hi, and realized it wasn't you (also the guy wasn't wearing a helmet, and I bet you do), and the guy said something rude. I went into the market.

When I came out, "you" had stolen my car.

I've never been in Beethoven Market but I've driven past it many, many times. Once Patrick thought he saw his friend Dave walking his dog near there and we pulled into the parking lot to try to catch him, but we didn't go in.

Love you,
Irene

No comments: