What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dear Stewart @copelandmusic,

Hey, there! Happy new year!

How are you? My new year started off with me being sick. I had a breastfeeding-related issue, and it sucked. Basically it felt like the flu, but it wasn't. Now I am on antibiotics, and though I feel much better, I'm pretty tired. I think antibiotics do that to you? I don't know. I need a nap. I always need a nap.

So, I missed you at the theater. I think I mentioned that "The Bald Soprano" would be my last show at City Garage, if not forever, than at least for a little while. My son is almost 2, and I need to be home a little more. And... I want to re-join my friends in the Culver City Flute Choir. I don't have time to do everything. As it is, I haven't had a chance to practice in weeks. I've been considering bringing my flute to work and using one of my breaks (when I usually walk) to get a little scale work in. And my fingers need to be exercised. I'm not sure yet if I'll do that, though: I'd have to do it in my car, and that feels weird. I have a friend, Sandy, who did that while she was working (she's retired now), and I'm sure other people do it too... but I'm not sure it's for me. Long tones and scales, in the parking lot? I don't know, man. It's weird to think that I won't be in the booth for the next production, though. Well, I'm proud of myself: I did something like 17 shows in a row, and I learned a LOT about theater and how to listen. I definitely got something out of it. On the other hand, I'm a flutist. Sometimes I think I'm pretty darn good at it. Other times, I know I'm probably mostly just average. Still, I love it. I need it in my life. So something had to go.

As you probably know (thanks, Twitter!), I bought my tickets for The Tell-Tale Heart in Long Beach, on May 11th. I'm so excited. It's so awesome that it's right in my town. I really am considering riding my bike there. And, I've totally appreciate your tweet responses. It makes me feel special, even if your replies are short.

Love you,
Irene

No comments: