What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Gonna see my smilin' face... Updated


Just heard this morning that the Police are on the cover of this month's Rolling Stone... on my way out the door to Borders to pick up my copy ("my" copy: not "a" copy, no, but "MY" copy), I decided to check out rollingstone.com to see if there was anything there... to get a preview of the cover... and there's behind the scene video! (Click on the link and it'll take you right on over to the video.) Totally cool. There's also an old-time-y photo gallery with some pictures from the early years and their other Rolling Stone covers.

OK, so I should get dressed first before going to Borders, right? I also have to get weighed in, so this outing might take a while. When I get back: a photo of me and my magazine. I know! Could anything be MORE exciting?

Update @ 2:15 p.m.
So... not a very exciting or illuminating article. Not really the flood of photos I expected. The author throws out the old story that these are three guys just one argument away from breaking up, and offers a few uninteresting opinions on what he (or she, I wasn't paying attention) witnesses by way of how they're interacting (in rehearsal, when they know a journalist is present) but also writes that Sting considers Stewart and Andy his "friends" (and takes the time to mention Sting's giant hotel room and yoga room? I DON'T CARE). Well! Oh, and Andy (I think it was Andy...) coins the word "ego-cracy" to describe the band... I don't know. We've all heard these stories before; this article could've been cribbed from Wikipedia. Excited to see them, not so excited to read this article. Thanks for nothing, Rolling Stone. I rather wish I'd stayed home in my robe; I may have to take another shower to get back into the mood I was in earlier.

At least the magazine cover sort of matches my blog's new color scheme.

Oh, and weighing in was a wash. No loss, no gain: totally the same as last week, which is good news, considering.

No comments: