What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy birthday, Stewart - the aftermath

from: Irene
to: Paul
date: Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 2:44 PM
subject Re: Hello!

Thank you very much, Joey.

I suppose a bigger, higher res image would've been more professional, but I didn't feel like re-scanning the image from my wedding album. Since his proportions were (purposefully) off (I've my whole life been attracted to big-headed men; you know what they say about a large cranium... no? me neither), the graininess hopefully added to the Loch Ness-iness of the whole thing. I am particularly proud of my skill in getting the archway lined up just perfectly by his big ol' adorable right ear. Munch! Patrick listened to me giggling from the living room for about 45 minutes (I do enjoy this work!) before coming into the office to see what all the fuss was about.

His reaction was more favorable than you might imagine. I think it was my near expert-utilization (if I do say so myself) of the rubber stamp tool that turned it all around for him. More than anything Patrick appreciates dexterous usage of PhotoShop's toolbar.

I think I'll start branching out into t-shirts. Can I put you down for a couple? Medium for you and small for that girl of yours?

...

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Paul wrote:

Whoa...

...

Irene said the following, on 7/16/2008 11:19 PM

Hey, you guys. Hope you celebrated Stewart's birthday in an appropriate manner.

I did.

See you soon,
Irene

No comments: