What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Where is Stewart Copeland right now?

My friend Andrea was a little surprised (and possibly alarmed) the other day when I mentioned that Stewart Copeland had been in Germany working on the music for the Ben Hur extravaganza taking place next year. This came up in a normal conversation, by the way: we weren't speaking specifically about him, but rather, I mentioned it in much the same way I would casually mention that Patrick had gone to Culver City.

I think I read that somewhere, that he was in Germany, but now of course I don't remember where and can't find the notation to prove that this was true (well, I probably could find it but right now I don't really care), but whatever, that's not the point.

That I spoke at one time definitively on his whereabouts: that seemed to freak her out. That I may have been (and probably was) wrong doesn't seem to have occurred to either one of us.

Anyway, after I bought our tickets to next week's SummerFest in San Diego, (like two months ago) I had a few moments of panic, because I wondered if he would even be there. I don't know, exactly, what the significance of this event is, I didn't know many details, I just saw his name, "new piece," and I thought it would a cool thing to do instead of what we normally do on Friday nights (tonight is a perfect example of what we normally do: if I'm not at the theater, I'm doing laundry, reading a book, and/or playing a game of Scrabble on Facebook; Patrick is in the garage, being a computer genius). Then I read that article, which stated that he will be there, is in fact performing, and hey, you know what? I am all of a sudden really, really excited.

Andrea thinks he reads this shit and knows who I am.

I think no, but... it's fun to imagine, isn't it.

2 comments:

bella said...

Allow me to help you. Go to flickr.com and search for this user: dietbatz

=)

Irene Palma said...

Thank you! More pictures of Stewart, the better.

4 days until SummerFest!!

I need to start reading up on how to meet famous people...