What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Percussion Moves to Center Stage"

I just read an article in (of all places) the Wall Street Journal (the title of my post is the same as that of the article, and the corniness of that title struck me as more appropriate to a People magazine article, but whatever) about drummers/percussionists (the gist: there are now lots more opportunities for highly trained percussionists to perform pieces specifically written for their instrument(s) than ever before, and they are now actually considered musicians. As recently as 30 years ago this was not the case) which mentioned the fact that a concerto by Mr. Stewart Copeland ("the former drummer of The Police") will be premiered in Dallas next year.

The website for the Dallas Symphony Orchestra doesn't list it's schedule beyond January 2010, but as soon as I find out what/when/where, it looks like we're going to Dallas. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not, really. I've always wanted to go to Dallas. I have.

(It also looks like this is old news. I'm slow.)

No comments: