What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Open invitation still... open

Dear Stewart,

I just wanted to let you know that "The Trojan Women" will be closing this weekend but we open again after the holidays on January 9, 2010. That said, it would be so exciting if you could come this weekend. It's going to be a crazy weekend for me personally - busy day on Saturday (an old friend of ours is getting married!), and then I have a little recital on Sunday before the show at City Garage - I'm even more fun when I'm all tired and overstimulated! Imagine the look on my face from the booth if you were to be milling about the lobby! Seriously, dude. I would probably look all calm but inside I'd be a big throbbing vein of "wow."

That said, I have some other business to bring to you today:

I'm sure you know (if your minions have done their research) that I'm an amateur flutist. I play with the Culver City Flute Choir. We just had our holiday concert, and as usual, one of our big pet peeves is the lack of good holiday music for flute choir (I'm sure you're familiar with a flute choir? We sound like this [that's me on the solo line!], usually more in tune), in particular, Hanukkah music.

I think you should write something Hanukkah-related (or whatever you like, really) for us. You know, in all your spare time.

Think about it. You'd be a fucking hero. Flutists everywhere would worship you. And what's not to like about that?

Love you,
Irene

No comments: