What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Red phone to Stewart / I think I'm being blocked

I get an email from Google every day: anytime Stewart's name is in the news or somebody blogs about him. It's like my own personal red phone, only it's email, and it's not red, and the messages don't come from Stewart himself (because that would be weird). Mostly the stories are stupid: some guy re-discovers "Synchronicity" and starts listening to all the Police albums and writes a blog post about how great they were as songwriters, blah blah blah. Sometimes it's just a comparison someone made between another drummer and Stewart, or a listing of all the movie soundtracks he's written. Sometimes all it is is a link to my own silly blog.

But sometimes, Google finds me something incredible, and today, my friends, is one of those times.

There's a guy somewhere in the UK and he has one of the best blogs I've ever read. It's called Private Secret Diary, and it's a lot of fun. The post I particularly enjoyed was a (fake?) interview with Stewart.

...

The other thing I wanted to mention was, I've been trying to register at stewartcopeland.net for about 3 months now. On September 28, I've received a confirmation that I registered, but was told that they needed to "activate my account." This email was signed by "The Management," which sounds ominous. This still has not happened. I've emailed a guy over there named Eugenio twice, with no reply. Should I be worried? Is there any content here that really freaked those people out? Did they perhaps overhear the snarky (jealous) comments Patrick and I made about them at the Summerfest concert in La Jolla? I don't know. I only know that I am waiting for a response. Eugenio? I am perfectly harmless. Please activate my account. I would really, really appreciate it. Thank you!

5 comments:

Irene Palma said...

Finally I've been "activated." I think three months IS about how long a background check takes...

bella said...

Thanks for the link to the interview. According to his comments, it was for real. who knows?

Glad you finally got activated. What is your username there? Mine is bella

Irene Palma said...

Hi, Bella! My verrrry imaginative user name is "icpalma." Ah, if you only knew! I haven't been a very active member yet, so far my activity has been limited to eyeballing the very nice old photos someone posted. Yummy!

Duffmano said...

I was begging them like a psychotic lunatic to "activate" my account after registering. Now I'm all veklempt reading the tearjerking green flag stories and the personal accounts of how SC really does some above and beyond acts for his fans. Seems like a great guy. I'm dufmanno over there as well!

Irene Palma said...

Duffmano, I'm glad it wasn't just me. I swear I was starting to get a complex.

That green flag - ! Those people were geniuses!

Thanks for the comments!