What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dear Stewart,

I'm not sure how long ago CNN posted this, but I found your answer to their question, "What's the best advice you ever got?"

Your first bit was about counting your money, and as I have very little money to count, I'm pretty sure that one was intended for other people.

However, the second bit of advice that you quoted (as coming from your dad, who sounds like an awesome guy) was "Yes I can."

I love this advice, because I'm not exactly an "I can do it" type of gal all the time... but I'm trying. Especially right now. More on this soon.

Also, I love the accompanying photo of you. You look so relaxed.

Love you,
Irene

1 comment:

Duffmano said...

Let's get entitled. Yes we can.
I want your car.
You can't have it.
Yes I can.
I suppose that is the line in the sand determining who will take over the world and those who will follow them around.
I'm one of the followers in case you haven't figured that out about me yet.