What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dear Stewart,

Hey, there,

Sorry I haven't written much lately. There really hasn't been that much going on. Work, home, etc. In a couple of weeks I go back to my light/sound operator duties at City Garage, but until then, it's pretty much business as usual. On Sunday night I helped a friend with a headjoint purchase for her flute, and that was actually very fun. Lots of listening, playing, and trying to describe what I was hearing.

Oh, on Thursday, Patrick and I are going to see James Galway at the Hollywood Bowl... I'm pretty excited about that.

Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good. The so-called morning sickness phase seems to be over. It was also pretty mild, and for that I'm very grateful.

Patrick and I have started thinking about names. We have a few up our sleeves, but we still don't know the sex of the baby. I do like some names that could be either for a boy or a girl... but for now I'll hold those cards tight.

One thing I would like to know from you is, what was Miss Gradenko's first name?

Just curious.

Love you,
Irene

1 comment:

bella said...

"One thing I would like to know from you is, what was Miss Gradenko's first name?"

Anja

...at least that's the first name that comes to my mind. ;)