What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Dear Stewart,

Hello, my favorite imaginary friend!

It's been about three weeks since I last wrote to you. How are you? Did you have a nice birthday?

Nothing much on my end... I am now in the middle of my 14th week of pregnancy. It's been pretty smooth sailing so far - the "morning" sickness B.S. appears to be tapering off a little. I'm not as tired, but that could be because we've been going to bed earlier, and I've started taking an iron supplement along with my pre-natal vitamin. In previous weeks I'd been pretty much exhausted. And, I'm thinking a bit more about the food choices I make, which I think helps too. No maternity clothes yet but I have a feeling I am very, very close.

The only downside I would say is that I still don't really look pregnant. I feel like I just look fatter, and that's not a good place to be. I know I need to re-evaluate the way I think about my body and what I expect for myself. Does that make sense? I got on the scale the other day, and realized that my weight right now is about what it was about 8 years ago when I was the heaviest I'd ever been. I then lost 25 pounds on Weight Watchers and boy did I feel like a million bucks. I hadn't been that size since right after high school! There's an upside and a downside to everything, I guess. I just don't want either the weight or the way I feel about it to get out of control. Even though I know that I'm having a baby and I have to gain weight, I can see that my thinking about the weight gain could easily become Not Right.

I've had some time off from the theater stuff for a while now... the next show opens September 17 and runs through November. I don't start rehearsing with them until about the week before opening. This will probably be my last show with City Garage (I'm pretty sure I can't be nursing a baby in the booth), so if you're looking for a good time to use that Passport I gave you at Amoeba... well, this would be it. I would really, really love to meet you again. Just to reiterate what I'm sure I've said before: I'm not crazy! The purpose these letters serve is to give me a safe place to write about stuff I don't always feel comfortable about talking about on my other blog. I can address you like I would anyone I admire, and not share too much. Over there, I'm supposed to let it all hang out... and some things I'd rather not treat that way.

If you think I tell you overly personal things now, just imagine what I keep back!

Love you,
Irene

3 comments:

Kate K said...

Am so delighted you are doing well in the pregnancy. The iron supplements should help along with the vitamins but be good to yourself and the baby and eat well. Luv ya!

foo said...

I'm sure it's easier said than done, but don't worry about your weight. You lost it before, so you will lose it again....AFTER the baby is born. Right? I mean, I guess. I wouldn't know. I've never had the excuse of being pregnant for being overweight! lol

About that "passport" you gave Stewart? I thought it had an expiration date. Am I wrong? Is it good for infinity?

=)

Anonymous said...

I made the mistake of moving in with my brownie baking, ice cream pushing, pasta boiling Italian mother while pregnant with my second kid during house renovations. They could barely roll me out the door when she was finished with me and I couldn't have cared less. Yum.
Keep taking care of yourself and get plenty of rest. I was actually up to three massive naps a day at one point but that might be overdoing it.