What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dear Stewart,

It's been awhile since I've written to you, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you've given up on me. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you have no idea who I am. Really. I'm not delusional.

However, writing to you has always been a fun exercise for me, and if pointless, well, hey, what's the Internet for if not pointless exercises? This is what I do instead of watching cat videos. Or I should say, this is what I used to do instead of watching cat videos: my now (adorable, music-loving) one-year old baby keeps me pretty darn busy.

Anyway, imagine my surprise the other day when I got a message from my sister-in-law that said:
Stewart Copeland is on Storage Wars!
The baby was sick that week, so I was a little distracted. Putting him to bed was really hard; he was pretty miserable. I was concerned because he wasn't eating that much; he had a low fever for several days. This meant that I didn't get a chance to watch any TV that week. I was worried about him, and tired.

Now, let me be totally honest: "Storage Wars" isn't a show that captivates me all that much. Mostly because it seems to be another version of "Pawn Stars," and I got bored with that show pretty quickly. Maybe the concept is OK but it's the people who annoy me? I do kind of like Mike and Frank from American Pickers, but I can't do a whole hour of that show, either. I say that knowing full well that you are (apparently) buddies with Barry Weiss, one of the "characters" on Storage Wars. He's just about the only person on the show who has a personality worth watching on television. (Those two with the "store"? No. I can't even be bothered to learn anybody's name; seriously, this show is not for me.)

However, knowing that you were on made me want to watch.

For the next couple of days after I heard about this, I did tune in to A&E to see if I could magically catch your appearance, but my timing with you has been off for awhile, and it just didn't happen. I found a clip on Huffington Post but I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet. Dude. I've been really busy.

Still, I know where it is when I finally get a chance to watch it, and that right there makes me very happy indeed.

Love you,
Irene

No comments: