What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

I think you should sue.

Dear Stewart,

I finally saw the "Storage Wars" show with you. Thanks for doing that. You've been suspiciously absent lately. I was starting to get worried.

So, hey, I'm at work, inputting (is that a word?) a million employees into this database thing I'm in charge of (some of our employees have awesome names: Saturnina, Senen, Yoko, to name a few...), and because tasks like this tend to make me a little cuckoo without music (the background noises in my office somehow come to the forefront of my brain; when that happens I type a lot slower. Oh, and a couple diet Cokes helps, too), I'm listening to my "Klark Kent" Pandora radio station. I'm about 12 songs in, and still no actual Klark Kent, though. That tricky Pandora!.

Anyway, a "Hootie and the Blowfish" song just came on.

WTF, Pandora? Graham Parker, the Jam, the Vapors (and not "I Think I'm Turning Japanese," either, which was surprising but fine with me): those bands make sense on a Klark Kent station. But HOOTIE and the BLOWFISH? I put a big thumb down on that one. Hopefully they get the message. And play me some KK hotness soon. I'm getting impatient, Pandora. Make me wait any longer and they can suck my socks.

Love you,
Irene

No comments: