What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Dear Stewart,


I visited the Long Beach Opera's website today to see if they had advance information about tickets for the 2013 season (planning ahead, that's what I'm doing).


I found ticket info and a lot more, including a synopsis and the text of Poe's "Tell Tale Heart," which I  was really glad to see, as I have not read it since Middle School and really wanted to, as soon as I heard that you were using that material. Apparently they will also be posting excerpts and casting information, which I will have to check back to see, because there's nothing there yet. I guess it is rather soon.

I was glad to see the text; it was fun to read and totally creepy, just as I remembered. Coincidentally, I think I read that in my 7th grade English class: my teacher's name was Ms. Stewart. I did a project where I used a lot of imagery and ideas that I got from all the listening I did to "Ghost in the Machine" constantly that year. I think I got a good grade but man that was a long time ago. "Secret Journey" was my favorite song from that album.

I can't wait to see and hear what you have done with Poe's words.

I also liked reading your description. I'll have to watch the video later. Something to look forward to!

Because I (sadly) wasn't familiar with the LB Opera's Atlantic building, until I mapped it I had no idea that this production is going to be less then 5 miles from my house! In less than a year! I could ride my bike there (and just might)! Dude: that's pretty cool. Somewhere I hope you make public which night(s) you plan on attending because financially, I don't think I can't afford to go to all the performances (also, I don't think my husband would be super-thrilled with that). Actually, the ticket info on the LB site was for subscribers, and I don't think we're ready to do that right this second, either. I will have to wait and see how I can get individual performance tickets.

(I think, just by making a guess, opening night would be my best bet, but you know, it would be awesome to know for sure.)

It would be even more awesome to be picked up by you (on your bike?), but I guess that's dreaming a little too big, even for me. Then again, how many people have a blog devoted to you? Does that not make me even a little bit special? I think it might make me a little bit special, no? (Patrick doesn't have a bike... he could drive.)

Anyway, judging from past experience, you wouldn't have to worry about having me talk your ear off. I would be satisfied to be nearby.

No expectations, just extreme optimism. That's kind of how I try to handle everything I want in life. I don't always succeed, but you know, it's nice to try.

And it's cool: I have lots of time to find the perfect green dress to wear. I think green suits us both, no? (Though if we're going to be on bikes, I guess a dress would be ill-advised. See? Some confirmation from you ahead of time would make this all just that much easier!)

Love you,
Irene

P.S. I'm looking into having a t-shirt made with this blog's banner as the design. I'm wondering, though, if I would be breaking any kind of law by using your (altered) photograph? Hmmm. Anybody out there have some guidance?

No comments: