What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dear Stewart,

Just a short note to let you know that I really really really want to see your opera next year at the Long Beach Opera, but that I can't afford to subscribe to the whole season, so I'm probably going to need your help with this, OK? Call me!

I just got word that single tickets will be available but that makes me very nervous. I want to go! I want to go WITH YOU! If that's not possible, then hey, I'll live, but at least I made my desires known, right?

Love you,
Irene

No comments: