What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Dear Stewart,

Hello, my friend,

It's been so long since I wrote to you! I have to admit... I doubt very much that you, Stewart Copeland, are actually reading this. That gets a little bit discouraging sometimes. I had a similar issue with a friend over the weekend... I had emailed this person, with no response for like, hours. I started wondering... was I being ignored? Was this person alive? Was I alive? And I wondered if my conversation with this friend, with whom I mostly converse with via email, was worth bugging out over... I wondered that, and then more time with no response passed, and then I started singing that old Missing Person's song "Words" to myself, and then I seriously considered dying my hair blue, and then I got pissed. And then I remembered: I am not the most important person in anybody's world except my boy Jules'.

Fine, then.

Anyway, it's not as if I'm expecting a response... but then again: maybe I am. Maybe I'm too much of a dreamer to give up on that.

I'm still working at the theater, and I'm still waiting for you to show up. See? I believe. We're currently running two shows: "The Bald Soprano" by Eugene Ionesco opened last week, which is super exciting. Fun show, great cast. You should come. And, Orestes 3.0 by Charles Mee continues to run, through November 25th. I'll be in the booth Fridays and Sundays (except this week: I'll be in the booth Saturday and Sunday), until the end of the Mee, and then Fridays only through the end of the Ionesco. Confused? Contact me. I'll straighten you out. There's a seat in the booth right behind me, waiting for you. I think you're tall enough to see over my shoulder but you can get as close as you want. Someone in the cast was joking that we should sell tickets to that seat for $100 each. You can have it for free.

www.citygarage.org

Love you,
Irene

No comments: