What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

@copelandmusic

Dear Stewart,

There are lots and lots of thoughts swirling around in my head right now... but firstly, let me say that getting a tweet from you in response to my tweet gave me a thrill on this weird Wednesday morning.

For those not on Twitter, here's our thrilling conversation:
Still shaking from this. I am a doofus.

Hey: you know what? This could be the start of something.

Or not.

Anyway, that happened! And though not much was really said (by either of us! How strange!) I still find myself, several hours later, pretty damn excited about it.

(...and several paragraphs further in than customary:) How are you?

I'm doing okay. I'm having some kind of sinus infection: call me, if you're into funny voices. Mine is a bit adenoidal. Other than that, and a headache that seems to come and go...

The other day I caught David Byrne and St. Vincent on the Colbert Report. I have no idea what you think of David Byrne. What do you think of David Byrne? Have you worked with him? And I'm sorely lacking in information about St. Vincent. I should do some research. Anyway, seeing the two of them performing together reminded me of my fictional stories about the two of us. The music they've created would work perfectly for that scenario, except, of course, I wasn't writing about David Byrne. I was writing about you. Complicated, this paragraph. Anyway, I like what I've heard so far. As for my fictional partnership with you, in real life I'm nowhere as talented as St. Vincent. Nowhere near. Still. It continues to be fun to think about. Someday I might write more about it.

Anyway.

You gave me a thrill greater than anything this morning with your succinct tweet. Thank you. See how easy I am? One day we will have a real conversation. I have some questions about love to ask you.

Love you,
Irene

No comments: