What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Dear Stewart, @copelandmusic @citygarage

Hi! You won't believe how thrilled I was to receive your incredibly (short? terse? breviloquent? cryptic? concicse?) pithy tweet the other night... Well, I've been doing this blog for a long time: maybe you would. Needless to say, it inspired a FB status update that made most of my friends laugh:

"After how many replies to my tweets am I allowed to call Stewart Copeland my boyfriend?"

The ones who know that deep down, I am sane, laughed. The ones who've always wondered... well, they continue to wonder. Some people are never satisfied! One friend's comment of "oh jeez" carried with it some major underlying issues with jealousy. Oh, yeah: I could tell that from just two words. In an email.
You also inspired an investigation into
the phrase "toi toi"! At City Garage,
for obvious reasons, we prefer "Merde!" 

The point is... I'm writing today to tell you that every day this week I'm going to offer you another reason why you should check out "The Bald Soprano" at City Garage theatre. Here's today's reason:

Reason No. 1 You Should Come to City Garage Theatre at Bergamot Station in Santa Monica, CA and Watch the Show from the Seat Behind (or Beside) Me:
This is my final show in the booth at City Garage, if not forever, for a very long time. Unless for some reason they want me onstage again, I'm done, at least until my kid is older. I'd like to play my flute again, and the truth is, I can't do everything anymore.
Love you,
Irene

www.citygarage.org
Twitter: @Irene_Palma or @CityGarage

Note that my tweets have nothing official to do with City Garage. This is my own personal quest.

No comments: