What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

From a London Mail news story about... Ben Hur

As a vigorous advocate of Latin in our schools, London Mayor Boris Johnson must be thrilled that his city is to stage this year's world premiere of Ben Hur Live. More than 400 performers and 100 horses will re-enact the epic Hollywood-style chariot race around The 02 arena.

Now, though, comes the intriguing suggestion that the production could feature a toga-clad Boris himself. For the revelation that London has a Latin-speaking mayor sent the assembled American and German producers into raptures at yesterday's launch.

'We'd love to get this guy involved. We could give him a walk-on part as Pontius Pilate,' says director and Broadway veteran Philip McKinley.

Adds the spectacle's musical composer, rock star Stewart Copeland of the Police: 'He could take part in the Roman orgy scene. In fact, there are two orgy scenes.'

Given the Old Etonian's bumpy past when it comes to amo, amas amat and all that, Boris might prefer one of the less controversial minor roles - that of Jesus Christ.

Stewart would be thinking of the orgy scenes.
And now I am, too.

And just to be clear: "Ben Hur Live" totally sounds like a joke. But it is 100% real.

1 comment:

singamaraja said...

Pak Karamu reading your blog