What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Silliness

Inspired by a recent listening of Pink Floyd's album "Ummagumma" and in particular, Nick Mason's three-part opus "The Grand Vizier's Garden Party" (my usage of the word "opus" is perhaps intended a wee bit sarcastically; though, I'm not sure I've used it correctly; it has been my experience that mis-appropriating the English language while being sarcastic can get you in a whole lot of trouble - let the trouble begin!), I have begun imagining my own flute and drum three-part "opus" of my own, tentatively titled, "$4 Birthday Extravaganza."

(I use the word "imagining" because I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking that I mean any of the things that I've just said or that I will be embarking on any kind of work.)

$4 Birthday Extravaganza (Part 1: I Will Be Needing the Money Up Front, Please)
$4 Birthday Extravaganza (Part 2: The Dogs and Cats In the Room Right Now Think You're Looking Mighty Fine Today, Miss)
$4 Birthday Extravaganza (Part 3: How Do I Get There Now)

This post is dedicated to Andrea, who apparently suffered from too much Fried Food over the weekend and is slightly missing today. Andrea, will you be the Matron of Honor when Stewart and I have our secret marriage?

Oh, wait a minute-Damn!

1 comment:

Slammi said...

Darnit, always the secret-dream-Matron-of-Honor... promise you'll have deep fried zucchini/twinkies/cheesecake/onion rings at the reception, and I will soooo be there.