What the hell is this?

I Can't Stand [Meeting] You is a collection of all the ridiculous things I've written to and about drummer and composer Stewart Copeland.

I actually did meet him for about five crazy seconds in 2007, again for a few exciting moments in August 2009, and my most recent (and most thrilling!) encounter took place in October 2009, where I proved myself capable of being, yet again, a total dork in the man's presence.

I can't believe what I get up to. And neither should you.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Waiting for strange things to happen

In October, Stewart Copeland's new book "Strange Things Happen" will be out in bookstores.

Needless to say, I'll be reading it. I've been looking for book signing information but so far having no luck. Obviously if you hear anything about Mr. Copeland being in the Los Angeles area (but I will drive anywhere within, you know, driving distance), please let me know.

When you read the publisher's blurb on bookstore sites about the book, it cracks me up that the first sentence is about the man's clothes. I know, I know, he wears a lot of hats (pun intended) but it makes me laugh. I wonder which outfit is Fiona's favorite? Personally, I'd like to see him in those little white shorts again.

Or maybe in his bike gear, hitting the road with me!
(As if I could keep up!)

No comments: